This browser isn't supported, please upgrade your browser to the latest version.
Work with us!
Our talented and dedicated team of people are who have help us get to where we are today.
Want to work with us? Please keep checking back for opportunities to work with Calgary's premier theatre company.
March 15, 2021
Community Outreach Coordinator (contract)
Theatre Calgary is looking for an enthusiastic Community Outreach Coordinator with a passion for the Arts.
You are a master of public speaking, self-motivated and excited about engaging the public about Theatre Calgary. You are drawn to this position because you want to make a difference, and your expert communication, relationship, and organizational skills are thorough and beyond proficient.
The dynamic, autonomous role of Community Outreach Coordinator is crucial to increasing our organization’s profile in the community not only locally but also on a National and International level. The role is responsible for connecting the organization with the community it serves. Through interactions with a variety of stakeholders, the position is tasked with amplifying the impact of our involvement in the community and related messaging. As an initial point of contact and a key ambassador, the Community Outreach Coordinator conveys relevant information, builds rapport, and inspires interest and advocacy. The position reports to the Company Manager.
- Community Outreach
- Represent and enhance the organization’s image through: Presentations, Lunch & Learns, Tours, Booths, Cold Calling, Brochures and Social Media.
- Lead Generation
- Identify growth opportunities and strategic direction through partnerships, market research, and networking.
- Data Management & Reporting
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of interactions and contacts.
- Interpret data for reporting and planning.
- Learn client database and processes within the team to help cover Developmental roles.
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of experience in Public Relations, Communications, Tourism, Sales or relevant area.
- Non-profit background preferred.
- Post-secondary education in Public Relations, Communications, Tourism, Sales or relevant area.
- Advanced public speaking, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
Application deadline: Tuesday, March 23, 2021.